I finally made it! After putting off starting this blog for a few months I felt I could ignore it no longer. I am not only getting started with my blog this week, but also getting started with a new group of students tomorrow morning. I run the bridge program our high school offers to the incoming freshman class and I couldn’t be more excited to greet 275 members of the class of 2017 as they enter our doors tomorrow morning!
With this excitement comes a heavy load of responsibility. I have thought long and hard about what I should say to them to make that first impression just right. Here are a few ideas that I have come up with:
- High school will be what you make of it, period. Make it awesome!
- Keep an open mind, learning is everywhere.
- Your teachers, administrators and classmates are here to challenge your thinking and help you grow. They need you to challenge them as well, we are in this together!
- Pursue what you are passionate about. Then share it and we will all learn.
- Connect with someone new, relationships are key.